Sunday, December 2, 2018

Update (sort of...)

Hello,
it has been too long since my last post to this blog. I think that I've had a severe knitter's block (similar to writer's block) in doing everything. I started knitting again this past week and the progress is astonishingly slow, but my projects are getting down slowly.
Also I had all kinds of obstacles like with my new projects: my cable knitting needle was missing (found it exactly where it was supposed to be), run out of filling (can't finish my new pattern without it and also I've lost some notes from that pattern too, took me almost an hour to count all stitches and try to write pattern down again) and I borrowed my sewing machine to my lil sis, and it is still wtih her.
And I really need to buy new cotton yarn, I don't have enough bright colours (like that is actually boring, to go and buy new yarn). What I learnt is that: remeber to check your needle case when looking for a knitting needle and when writing down a patttern, hit the save-button often enough, so you won't lose all hard work.

I also found my projects from last spring stashed away, and I can't even remeber what size of pullovers I'm knitting.
But anyway, I still like knitting :) and so what if I have a few unfinished objects around? Sometimes life is just too hectic to knit, but hopefully I have inspiration to finish all UFOs. And I'm really looking forward to my next week off of work and I really need to visit a good yarn store.

This one here is a sneak peak of my bug pattern I'm doing ( I think I have to knit another just to make sure I counted all the stitches right, I'm trying to make a butterfly this time).
And of course I need new socks for this winter too! I bought this super nice glitter yarn, pity it doesn't really show in the picture. I just fell in love with that yarn first sight.

p.s. I got a new phone, so now the pictures are better (but this time of the year is the darkest in Finland, so its not that easy to take photots)

No comments:

Post a Comment