Monday, August 19, 2019

Pattern editing

Hello,
I've had a hectic and also a quite productive summer (at least when it comes to sewing...) and my sewing machine is definitely showing signs of ageing, maybe she just wants to retire? (I don't know), so these past couple of weeks I've sewn a  couple of dresses. One is from cotton jersey (the striped one) and the shirtdress is a cotton fabric one.

 I combined two patterns for the shirt dress (a regular shirt pattern and a shirt dress), the dress is almost perfect but not quite what I was aiming for. I messed up the buttons and the sleeve placket didn't turn out so well (I don't even want to show a picture, I made them the wrong way).  And I didn't have enough black or orange buttons that would have been good with the fabric. I had already done so many simple (and stupid mistakes) and I ended up using white rose buttons.



I'm quite strict with myself when it comes to sewing clothes, if the result is not to my standards I won't wear it, even if the garment I made probably is still wearable. I dislike it if the stripes don't match or the sleeves are off and so on. I've been told not to be so strict and just enjoy my hobby, and guess I need to learn how to not be a total perfectionist when it comes to sewing... But I'm still looking for the perfect shirt dress pattern...


No comments:

Post a Comment