Friday, August 2, 2019

Summer update

Hi dear readers,


My summer break is almost over and I'm so glad I've had time to do some knitting and sewing. I think I've become more and more a type of person that does handicrafts during a short period of time. These past couple of weeks I've been sewing so much that I though I broke my machine (but thank God it still works well). I've had that sewing machine (Pfaff select 1538) for about 13 yrs now and I hope it would still work properly for couple more yrs. I gotit  after graduating from elementary school and it has probably been one of the best graduation gifts I've ever received from my parents (so good sewing machine is a good tip for graduating cratf enthusiastics)
I've had an extreme energy boost to finish some unfinished sewing work I've had around my house for probably a year or so. I finished some toddler/baby clothes and a dress from viscose and a skirt from cotton fabric.


We moved to a smaller apartmant a while back and our home gets quite messy while sewing, and I just had to buy new fabrics from Summer sale. But if you get fabric for 5€/meter and have time to walk around the shop,who doesn't end up buying quite a few meters of nice fabric? I bought these colours to make some dresses for fall. I hope to get them started soon. Now I just have to figure out a place to store them and draw/cut pattern pieces.


We also made a trip to eastern Finland I had time to knit in in the car. I knitted a panda, all in all I'm quite satisfied with the result, but somehow I messed up the face. I did the decrease rows for nose like I would do for a mouse... But it is cute anyway, next time have adjust the decreases or do a separate nose.

I bough that cute jersey in the picture from Christmas sale, I got small pieces for 10€ ( I mean really small pieces) and I had to make sleeves from other fabric.
That penguin fabric was just so cute I had to buy it and I'm so happy I was able to use it. I bought the fabric pieces without checking the size first (I know that was stupid) and I had to think really hard on how to fit the pattern pieces to get back and front pieces from fabric. I still have a piece of seal jersey that I haven't used yet, that will probably end up being a hat.


No comments:

Post a Comment